O For a Muse of Fire

I am a widow/mother/daughter/sister/aunt/woman in California. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed. Sometimes I feel calm. Both feelings are because I am a widow/mother/daughter/sister/aunt/woman in California.

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

"O For a muse of fire that would ascend the brightest heaven of invention."

Monday, June 01, 2009

The road not taken

It's been over two years now and I'm still trying to maintain that path I was on with Ken, but now walking it without Ken. I go out to lunch with the moms or sit with families at my kids' sports events and I maintain this illusion that nothing has changed. I'm still happily married, sharing my life with a partner who loves me, values me and supports me. But it's just an illusion. I go home and feel drained, empty and, yes, jealous.

If the path cannot be maintained without Ken, what then? What path should I be on? Where is the map?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home