O For a Muse of Fire

I am a widow/mother/daughter/sister/aunt/woman in California. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed. Sometimes I feel calm. Both feelings are because I am a widow/mother/daughter/sister/aunt/woman in California.

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

"O For a muse of fire that would ascend the brightest heaven of invention."

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Best ever

Soon we will start receiving the annual avalanche of Christmas cards, photos and letters. Many of them will include such statements as "wishing you the best Christmas ever!" or "Have the happiest Christmas" or "Make 2010 the best year ever!"

I hate these cards.

Yes, I know I will find joy this Christmas and in 2010. We will continue our Christmas traditions and mark the day together as a family. But it will not be the best Christmas ever. In 2010 Mark will graduate from high school and take his first steps to manhood and independence. Claire will continue to grow into a confident young woman. But it will not be the best year ever.

How can I have the best Christmas or best year ever without Ken? My best Christmases and best years are the ones I shared with Ken. I can't imagine how anything could be better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home